Since we are in a global pandemic, we all need to look after ourself. So, I decided to put together some tips on how to boost our self esteem in this global pandemic. I hope you find them helpful!
Self-esteem is an individual’s subjective evaluation of their own worth. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs about oneself as well as emotional states, such as triumph, despair, pride, and shameWikipedia
BE KIND TO YOURSELF
- Get to know yourself. Try to learn more about yourself – for example what makes you happy, what makes you sad and what you value in this wonderful life.
- Let yourself have feelings. It’s important to remember that you’re a human being who experiences emotions.
- Consider what self–esteem means to you.
- Try to challenge unkind thoughts about yourself. You might sadly automatically put yourself down. If you do eventually find yourself doing this, it might help to ask: “Would I think about, or talk to a friend or family member this way? If not, why am I doing it to myself”.
- Say some positive things to yourself. Say things like: “I am amazing, I am enough”. It might feel strange at first, but the more you do it the more you would fell comfortable about it.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others. Try to remember that comparing yourself to others isn’t realistic. Also remember that, you are perfect in your own way and no one can change that!
Look after yourself
- Spend time outside. Spending some time in green areas boosts your Mental health and wellbeing.
- Try to boost your physical activity. Exercise can be super helpful for your mental wellbeing and some people find that it does help improve their self-esteem. Maybe change the exercises that you are doing!
- Think about your diet. Eating regularly can make a mood to your energy levels.
Try to notice the good things
- Learn to accept compliments. Even though the compliments can be little they do mean one thing, someone has noticed what your are doing and they care about you.
- Listen to music. Music calms lots of people down these days and also boosts their spirits. Maybe change the type of music that you listen to!
- Write a list of things that you like about yourself. For example you could include traits and skills.
- Celebrate your successes. No matter how small they seem, take some time to praise yourself!
- DON’T PUT TOO MUCH WEIGHT ON NEGATIVES! If some one says something unkind or helpful, you might think just about that one thing and forget all the positives about yourself. Do not care what people think, always remember that you are amazing and you are enough!
SET YOURSELF A CHALLENGE
- Set small goals such as eating new foods, learning how to say words in a new language or simply look for information on something you would like to do.
- Let yourself have fun. Remember you do not have to be perfect at something to enjoy it!
- Do something to yourself every day! Get into the habit of looking after yourself!
- Do things you enjoy. You could take up a new hobby or go for a walk.
Here are some other tips that you can try:
- Care about your appearance. When you look your best, you feel your best
- Read something inspirational. A great way to gain your self-esteem is to read something that lifts you up and makes you feel positive about yourself.
- Let negative people go! If there are negative people in your life the smart thing is to let them go. Negative people could make you feel more depressed, sad and anxious. he only way to find your self-esteem is to surround yourself with supportive positive people who admire you and value you for who you really are.
- Face your fears . Allow yourself to feel afraid but keep going anyway. Self-esteem is often found in between your deepest desires and your greatest fears. Maybe start by building up by facing your most smallest fears and then build up to your most greatest fears.
- Define your success. Clarify to yourself what success means to you. If you really want to do something you will have to find the self-esteem within yourself to just do it and stop thinking about it. Defining your success can make you a better person on the inside and the outside.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SELF ESTEEM?
- Inflated self-esteem. People with inflated self-esteem think they are better than others and have no doubts about underestimating everyone else.
- High self-esteem. People with this type of self-esteem accept and value themselves.
- Low self-esteem.
DID THIS HELP INCREASE YOUR SELF ESTEEM?
I hope this helped you increase your self esteem!
Check us out on instagram: @mayaslifeandtravels