The Al Maktoum family is the ruling family of Dubai, and is one of the six ruling families of the UAE. Many people do not know about Dubai’s royal family even though they are one of the most famous royal families ever so that’s why in today’s post I share an introduction to Dubai’s royal family.
The Al Maktoum descends from the Al Falasi clan of the Bani Yas, which is a tribal confederation of Najdi origin. In 1833, 800 members of the Al Falasi section of the Bani Yas seceded to Dubai under the leadership of Sheikh Maktoum bin Butti bin Suhail, who was the joint founder and first ruler of the sheikhdom of Dubai. The House of Al Falasi was previously known as Al Bu Falasah.
The Current ruler of the Emirate of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was born on the 15th July 1949 and became the ruler of Dubai after the death of his older brother Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum on the 6th January 2006. The following day, the Federal Supreme Council elected him as the Vice President of the UAE. Sheikh Mohammed is acclaimed for the transformation of Dubai into a worldwide popular tourist destination. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the father of the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum who is popularly known as Fazza which means “the one who helps” in Arabic.
MEMBERS OF THE AL MAKTOUM FAMILY THAT HAVE RULED DUBAI
- 9 July 1833 – 1836 Sheikh Obeid bin Said bin Rashid (died 1836)
- 9 July 1833 – 1852 Sheikh Maktoum bin Butti bin Suhail (died 1852)
- 1852 – 1859 Sheikh Saeed bin Butti (died 1859)
- 1859 – 22 November 1886 Sheikh Hasher bin Maktoum (died 1886)
- 22 November 1886 – 7 April 1894 Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum (died 894)
- 7 April 1894 – 16 February 1906 Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (died 1906)
- 16 February 1906 – November 1912 Sheikh Butti bin Suhail Al Maktoum (died 1912)
- November 1912 – September 1958 Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (died 1958)
- September 1958 – 7 October 1990 Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (d. 1990)
- 7 October 1990 – 4 January 2006 Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum (d. 2006)
- 4 January 2006 – present Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE AL MAKTOUM FAMILY?
(When you subscribe to my blog you receive a free media kit. You also receive exclusive content, special discounts, exclusive travel photos, blogging tips and many more. Don’t forget to click that subscribe button below!)
𝚑𝚒 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍. 𝚒𝚝’𝚜 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚜𝚘 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝟸𝟸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚗 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸. 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊Continue reading “22 things to do in 2022♡”
𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚜. 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚚𝚞𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕. 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚕𝚎𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍.
hey everyone, welcome or welcome back to maya’s life and travels. i get bored really easily so i wanted to share some things to do when your bored in today’s post. there are so many things to do out there when your bored! before we get started, i wanted to say that i have changedContinue reading “things to do when bored ♡”