Hey everyone, welcome or welcome back to Maya’s Life and Travels. Changing my app icons is something I love because it makes my phone look super aesthetic. If you didn’t know already, you can change your iPhone app icons with the iOS 14 update for iPhones and you can also add widgets to your home screen. In this post i am going to show you how to add widgets and how to change your iPhone app icons. Alright, let’s get started.
- First off, open the Shortcuts app.
- Then, click the + sign in the top right hand corner and click add action.
- After that, then type in “Open app in the search bar.
- Choose the app that you want to create a shortcut for out of the selection of apps.
- Next, click the three dots in the top right and then click add to homescreen.
- Click the icon and then chose the app icon you want for your app from your photos.
- Finally, type in the name of the app and then hit add in the top right hand corner and your done!
- Colour Widgets
- Aesthetic: App icons and widgets – I have this app on my phone and I definitely recommend it! Everything is free!
- Icon Chic
- Widgetsmith – I have WidgetSmith on my phone and it’s a really good app. You have lots of options to create Widgets from including Time, Battery life and weather. There are multiple design options and some content is free and some you have to pay for. I totally recommend the app!
- Tap the home screen until the apps start moving and then hit the + button in the top right hand corner.
- Select a Widget from the multiple options (if you want a Widget from a Widget app scroll down to the bottom and the app name should be there)
- Tap add Widget and then finally tap done. And, your done!
I hope this post was helpful for all of you! Let me know if you have changed your homescreen yet or if you haven’t. Thanks for reading and signing off for today!