Hey everyone, I have been nominated for a few awards in the past month and I haven’t done them yet so I thought it would be the right time to get onto them. First of all, I just want to say thank you to the bloggers who nominated me and to the bloggers that created these awards. Also, please make sure to follow their blogs! I am truly grateful to be nominated for these awards.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Well, if I had to change my name, I would change it to Latifa because I love that name so much! If you didn’t know, Latifa means gentle, kind, pleasant and friendly in Arabic.
What’s your favorite sport? Why do you like it?
I don’t really have a favourite sport but I have two which are, swimming and taekwondo. The reason why Taekwondo is one of my favourite sports is because I have been doing it for 8 years and it is become part of my life since then. I was the only girl in my whole class when I started taekwondo and to be honest the class was full of boys but over the years some girls have came along. There are more boys than girls in my Taekwondo. When I started Taekwondo I was also doing Karate as well but I gave up on Karate because I wanted to go on and pursue Taekwondo.
In addition, the reason why swimming is one of my favourite sports is because I love to swim and take a dip in the pool. I think everyone needs that in their life.
What do you do in your free time, when you’re bored?
I just go on social media, write blog posts, text my friends, surf the internet, watch Netflix or just relax.
How do you practice self care in your worst days?
I just put on a face mask and relax and listen to music. It really is that simple for me.
What is your version of – There are two kinds of people in this world…?
I couldn’t narrow it down to one so I have ✨ 3 reasons✨ and they are:
- There are two kinds of people in this world, the believers and the non believers.
- There are two kinds of people in this world, the classy and the fabulous.
- There are two kinds of people in this world, the rich and the poor.
What made you realize that you wanted to be a blogger?
Nothing made me realize that I wanted to be a blogger, I just wanted to be one!
What’s the one thing that you miss when you were little?
Having no care in the world and living life like I have nothing to worry about and the world being cupcakes and rainbows (but it’s not but when I was really little, I thought that!)
What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
The Key to Organising and styling your wardrobe: Clothing, Bags and Jewelry edition – By Maryam from Infinitely a Day Dreamer
What is your most loved possession?
I don’t have one really but my most loved possessions are my shoes, bags, makeup, clothes, hair and my jewelry.
What songs speak to you the most?
No song speaks to me the most, but however my whole YouTube playlist does! Feel free to check it out and tell me what song is your favourite.
Some of Saumya’s questions I already answered in Poorwa questions as Poorwa said we could choose any 11 questions so I will just answer the questions I haven’t answered already from Saumya!
What are you currently worried about?
Not being able to finish this post!
What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
I actually really don’t know!
What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?
To be honest I don’t know!
If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Why are our dreams not reality?
What memory do you just keep going back to?
The day I decided to create this blog and when I wrote my first ever blog post. That was an amazing moment and something I will never forget, ever.
What’s the most useless talent you have?
Eating late at night!
What are you completely over and done with?
I am over and done with starting lots of blog posts all at once and leaving it in my drafts for months and completely forgetting about it and changing my mind about it. Now, I only focus on one blog post and when its published I focus and out my hard effort into another one.
- Zainab @ Zainab Chats
- Hiddenzzz @ Hiddenzzzblog
- Shelly @ GrowingWithSpawn
- Poorwa @ Poorwa’sBlog
- Pooja @ LifesFineWhine
- Evin @ A Curly Sue’s Ramblings
- Tia @Blondeyonamission
- Hreem @ ChicLifeThruMyLens
- MJ @ OriginalTeenMuslimah
- Nabeehah @ Brainstorms
- Pavithra @ SmallTalks
I a going to ask the same questions I asked my nominees for the Inspirational Blogger Award. Feel free to check out the post below:
- What languages do you wish you could speak and what languages do you speak?
- If you had the power to change anything in the world what word it be? And, why?
- What are some goals for your blog and have you achieved them yet?
- If you could have an all-expenses paid trip to see any famous world landmark, which one would you visit and why?
- What is the one thing that scares you the most and why?
- If you had the chance to have one superpower what would it be? Why?
- What happens regularly in your country that people might find strange or weird?
Poorwa let any cookie loverdo this award and I love cookies so I am going to take part in it! So thanks poorwa for nominating everyone!
- Thank the person/fellow cookie lover who nominated you! (or whose blog you found out about this award through)
- Answer the cookie-related questions and add one of your own!
- Share some pictures of cookies you adore! (can be pics you’ve taken or ones from Pixabay, Google, etc)
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who love cookies and leave an open nomination for every cookie lover around the world!
What are your favourite types of cookies?
My favourite types of cookies are Chocolate Chips, Jammie Dodgers and Oreos!
What’s a cookie you haven’t tried but you really want to try?
I haven’t tried Kiss Cookies and I really want to try them.
What’s the last cookie you ate?
If you were a cookie, which kind would you be?
It’s obvious, I would be a macaroon! How wouldn’t anyone want to be a macaroon!
Why do you love cookies?
They taste nice, it’s that simple.
What’s your go to places for macaroons?
- Laduree at Dubai Mall, their macarons and desserts are amazing!
- Amorino Dubai and Marina Mall (you can also get Amorino in your home country!) because they have the best macaroons as well as rose shaped ice creams like this:
3. A supermarket that has macaroons
Since this post is getting ever too long, I am going to leave this award as an open nomination for any aspiring cookie lovers out there! Feel free to use the questions I used and create your own one as well.
Thank you so much Poorwa for letting anyone do this award!
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Ashmita@ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favorite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
- And lastly, just so you know: I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
every single blogger in the blogging community
My favourite form of creativity….
Art! I love creating art!
If you could do one thing without the fear of Covid, what would it be?
I would live life like how it was before without the fear of Covid.
Closest thing to magic?
Life because a sapling can grow into a magnificent tree.
Which movie really took you by surprise, and changed your view point forever?
The Karate Kid.
What is a weird food combination you enjoy?
So I haven’t mentioned this on my blog but I love hummus and I can eat it with anything even watermelons and apples etc.
We were studying Shakespeare and Elizabethan Society in English and our task for homework was to create a moodboard with things we associate with fairies and what colours we associate with tem. And, this is what I created. Isn’t it (*chef’s kiss*) tres magnifique!
- Maryam @ InfinitelyADayDreamer
- Zainab @ ZainabChats
- Pooja @ Lifesfinewhine
- Helen @ CrispyConfessions
- Saumya @ DrawWriteInspire
- Pavithra @ SmallTalks
- Shelly @ Growing With Spawn
- How do you feel I am doing on my blog (Maya’s Life and Travels?)
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- How would your friends describe you?
I really enjoyed doing all these awards! Thank you so much Poorwa and Saumya for nominating me! Answer one of these questions in the comments and let me know if you are going to do any of these awards. Signing off for today!